CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

two weeks.

It has been two weeks since I last used my debit card. Hard to believe, but no card swiping for me. I have cursed the envelop system. At times, I have not liked it much. It takes longer to use than just whipping out a plastic card. BUT, I can already see, how I will be able to hold on to the cash for the extra things that I have budgeted in. I have one for the vehicle/tires. I have another for my Christmas fund. I am now pretty sure that I will be starting one for the replacement of my washer. There are so many other envelops that I would like to start, Disney, Ireland. Just to name a few. Tires and washer come before any of those dreams. But, if I were to take the $50 for the car tires the $10 for the washer, once bought of course. That would be 60 bi-weekly. $1500 a year. so in 3 years I would have the money for the Disney trip. Although, it would be time for another set of tires.

1 comments:

Amy Denney said...

Hang in there!! It is frustrating. We talked envelopes with another couple for an hour last night. We LOVE it now, but it took some adjusting...probably a good couple months. It becomes a lifestyle. I do not even carry a debit card anymore. That also protects me from fraud...cash has simplified my life!! But I still curse Dave Ramsey 'cause I want to remodel my home...or at least just one room!! Darn him!