CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Great Finds



Yep, this ugly thing was in my kitchen when we bought the place. A gas guzzling hog! I can lay a pound of hamburger on it and it will thaw in about an hour. (My hubby thinks that I am crazy, saying that this thing that continually takes gas to keep warm is wasting gas) Well, if you know me, I don't like to buy new, hardly ever that is. I could of easily gone to Sears and bought a new cook top. Since we are doing the debt diet and not using plastic any longer, I could not allow my self to do that. I just kept my eyes peeled, looking for that great deal. A couple of weeks ago I went into a thrift shop and found a two burner electric cook top, for $25. The problem was we needed something the same size or just a bit bigger to fill the hole in the cabinet. Now, don't get me wrong, I would of bought it and filled in the hole with a board, if the hubby would of let me. Cooking for a family of 5 on two burners, might be testy sometimes too. So I walked away from something I probably could of gotten for less.

So last week I had to go to Springfield for a dr. appointment. while in the city ;) I thought that I would do some running around. I came upon the Habitat for Humanity store. If you have a small redo project you need to go to one of these stores first. Things for all steps of the remodeling. I went in to see what kind of deals they offer for the many projects on our to do list. I of course was also looking for a cook top. Guess what, I found on. It was pushed back in the corner, hiding from me. I got in there and looked at the tag, $35. Yep, $35. This cooktop was originally marked $100 and I got it for $35 and who knows what the original price was. As you can see it says Kitchen Aid. The hubby says that it should not be to much trouble to change out the gas guzzler to this electric model.



On to another personal great find, that same day. I have been wanting to get a pair of Wellies, other wise known as rain boots. I just could not find ones that I wanted. I was in Target and found these. Although, they look to match my kitchen walls, they don't. The boots are robins egg blue, while the kitchen walls are vintage aqua.



BTW, I just went in and figured out how to resize the photos. Typical of x-graphic artist.... not giving a hoot. ;)

1 comments:

April said...

That store is amazing! I've found some great deals in there.