CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year, same old me...

I guess. I have not really seen that same old me for some time. I hope that this year brings forth a ton of re-discovery. Not only for the me who I was. Also, for the family I have helped to create. Along with the rediscovery, heres to learning many new things about myself.

Yesterday I checked into the Oprah site. I came across a post on the Magic List. I saw this or something like it once before. I found my list, luckily, I kept it in a sketch book. I have it dated March 1st, 2008. On this list I have wrote:

• go to Ireland for our 10 yr. anniversary - 2012 (this will come off of the list once we get there, because it will happen)
• historical home or old house out in the country or edge of town
- one that needs love
- one with room for my art studio
- one for massage area and or to show work (my artwork)
(so we bought us a very old house, some say 1856, now that is old right? it is at the edge of town and actually, half of it is in town and from the bay window back it is considered country..... figure that out. I have an acre and half to produce a victory garden. Or have live stock. ;) Plans are already being thought up and talked over. Also, we started work on my massage space that would and could also show as gallery space.)

• submit to show work in juried show (this one will take a bit longer, I have to come up with a portfolio of work to show first... and before that, I have to find time to produce that work)
• serve those in need (although, I have done some very good small things, there is always room for improvement in this area. Although, helping those with aches and pains is a good way to start. I hope that our garden will help to feed those in need.)
• help @ my kids school (working on this one, but still would like to donate more time)
• read pride and prejudice (did this, why didn't I do that sooner?)
• start a victory garden (see above, we did try to grow some things in TX. Garlic did well, Onions not so. Our tomatoes did not mature in time for us to use nor did the green peppers. Although, friends back in TX said they had never seen such a big tomato plant. If you know me, you know I love my strawberries! I had two raised beds for them. In the two years we were in TX the plants were still maturing. Just a handful of berries came on. I suppose they will produce nicely this year. Hopefully, Sarah and Christine got over and took a number of them).
• irrigate garden with rain water saved from house gutters.


So four out of 8 things have already happened, or planned to happen. Suffice it to say, I believe that the "Magic List" does work. I have already wrote up my next one. What is on your Magic List?


0 comments: