CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Card 2008


To see full picture just click on it.


So this was our 2008 Christmas card. The photos were taken by my friend Amy Denney of Denney Photography. You should go and check out her site. Highly creative and willing to make you happy!

Amy is a woman on a mission. She has single handedly helped me in a number of areas this past year. Willingly offering up her husband handy dandy skills to get an office space started out in the garage. Talking to me about each others finances and monetary goals. She has introduced me to Dave Ramsey. Now, I don't follow his stuff to the tee, nor have I taken Peace University. I have read and followed, read some more. Watching Amy fill her envelops, hearing of the success has lead me to fill my own envelops. This is when you take cash from your bank account, allocating so much to each fund and pay those bills that way. When the money is gone there is no more until you get paid again. This system makes you think about where the money is going. It hurts more to spend $100 than it does $80. Because you are paying for it with cash. You are no longer whipping out the debit card and mindlessly paying.

Heres to a new year, one in a recession. Hopefully, one full of getting back to the basics. Hopefully, one no longer with credit card debt. Yes, it is my plan even in this recession.

1 comments:

Amy Denney said...

Love the way you describe the benefits of the envelope system, in ways I hadn't even considered! You can do it!!!