CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Creative Person

The Creative Person is both
more primitive and more cultivated,
more destructive,
a lot madder and a lot saner,
than the average person.
-Frank Barron

I read the above on a blog I visit. I believe that I fit the bill on this one.

A couple of weeks ago, I found out that my college art teacher will be giving a painting class, here in the small town that I live in. First thought, wow what a small world. Then really it is not all that small, seeing that the jr. college I went to is just 20 mi. east of here. Even though I paid thousands of dollars to study art from this guy.... I shall be coming up with the $20 a session he's asking for now. It will do my soul good! The beauty of it is, my world becomes more beautiful when I am creating. Although, I am a little worried about picking up the acrylics. I have not worked with them in a long time. I think at least 7 years. More recently, I had been watercoloring. In 2004 enrolled in a class taught by Jane Frey. (her site was not connecting at the time of this post, hopefully it will be back shortly) She is a wonderful artist and teacher. Oils really pulled me in while I was at ISU and after. Having three kids messing around makes it hard to work with them.

Well, I suppose I should be coming up with an idea for my still life.

0 comments: