CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Things keeping me busy.

What I have here first is an Advent calendar. I bought it on sale after Christmas. There is a ton to do. I have not even really touched the tip of the ice burg. The hubby says that he will give me until 2011 Christmas to get it done. We will see. I still sit and work on it a couple of hours each week.

Another creative thing has made its way up onto my table in the dining room. I started these paintings, I would say a year ago. They are in watercolor. The most recent medium that I had taken up. I worked with oils in college and acrylic up until i picked up water colors. Well, so lets see. I have been away from acrylic for 7 years. I am taking a class for acrylic painting. Very informal class. Actually, I wrote about this in a previous post. My whole point is. I have decided to paint the same pic as above in acrylic and way bigger. 2'X2' . With watercolors you have to be cautious, ok I have to be cautious. There is no reckless abandon here. It is thought out. BUT with acrylic, you can go back in and alter your errors. The teacher wants the class to take it step by step. I want to get the paint on there... I want a finished painting. I want the instant gratification. I want to make my mistakes, and have the teacher help me figure out how to get back in and change them.


yes, and under all that stuff is a book on how to make aprons along with some fabric to do so. The thing is, I can't bring myself to do it, since I would have to follow a pattern.

The hubby hates my work area. I need my work area.

0 comments: