CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

seeds to start

so, i am already longing to see the green sprouts of new flowers. one of my next projects will be the planting of these little seeds. last year i made a green house of my back porch. this year will be a little different. i plan to have more than the black eye susans make it. along with the many drought tolerant flowers i intend to have an herb garden. talking of gardening, i have a big project for the hubby. last year we made a garden bed, built up walls and partially filled it with good dirt. not the red stuff found in these parts. well, we put it directly in the line of a shade tree. so this year we are making another one to the south of the first one. hopefully my strawberry plants will produce with all the sun and maybe a tomato or two.


on a side note, i am saving my egg cartons. normally i would send them to the recycling bin but this year i will be using them to start my seeds in. oh and i read that coffee grounds are good for the plants too. so hubby needs to start saving that, to help add to the great soil of TX.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Nancy- I have had good luck the past summers with tomatoe plants. I bought them at Walmart and the Family Farm Store-

wyndesnow said...

I too have had luck with plants that I bought at Wal-Mart. I even bought them as they were clearing out the gardening department at a clearance price and they survived. I would like to start some of my own this year though. And for next year, save some of my seeds from the tomatoes, etc and start some plants that way. Hmmm, egg cartons, what a great idea I'll need to start saving mine.